Location: Kenora, ON
Salary: $85k-$125k /yr + bonus
ESF Careers has been engaged by our client in the manufacturing industry to recruit for an Operations Team Lead. The incumbent will report to the Operations Manager.
- Develops, plans and leads the implementation of ;the company’s safety, production and quality standards for Company’s operations on the Sustainable Forest Licenses;
- Overall leadership of safety, environmental, financial and production systems for a team of company staff and contractors engaged in harvesting, road construction/maintenance, hauling and silviculture operation;
- Oversees the effective development and implementation of a fibre supply plan (1-5 year horizon) for the Sustainable Forest Licenses to meet financial, quality and inventory targets for the plant and other external customers;
- Leadership, coaching and development of an operational team;
- Forestlands key contact for operational plans with both internal and external customers, local government ministries, community organizations and surrounding First Nations.
- Forestry Bachelor’s Degree;
- Possess a Forestry degree and be eligible for membership with the Ontario Professional Foresters Association;
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated leadership that has produced successful business results together with strong beliefs and behaviors in safety, professional ethics and environmental values;
- Solid business skills (entrepreneurial, negotiation, cost competitiveness, business planning, strategic thinking and results forecasting) and as a team player demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse group of forest industry, government, resource users and community members;
- Registered Professional Forester (RPF);
- Ontario work experience as it relates to the forest management prescription requirements.
To apply for this position, please use the form on our application page.