Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Our client, a Public Accounting firm is hiring a Charted Professional Accountant. Or client is experiencing a rapid growth in today’s uncertain marker. The ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial experience and assist in the advising of clients from both an accounting and operational standpoint. The dedication to the clients and the strength of the company employees are the keys to consistent and growing success.
- Preparation and review of financial statements (Notice to Reader, Review and Audit Engagements) and special consulting and advisory services as required by the clients;
- Preparation and review of both corporate tax and personal tax returns;
- HST returns and payroll related returns (T4, T5 etc.);
- Communication and correspondence with both clients and tax authorities;
- Candidate will have the opportunity to work in Accounting Assurance related work;
- This position is intended to transition to a managerial role.
- Completion of Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation;
- Minimum of two (2) to four (4) years public accounting experience;
- Highly motivated, dedicated and confident with a desire for growth and advancement;
- Ability to manage the entirety of a client’s portfolio, independently, including file review, execution of the client’s tax planning and meeting the client’s service needs;
- Experience in managing professional engagements including audits, reviews and compilations;
- Understanding of personal and corporate tax compliance and planning;
- Previous supervisory/managerial/leadership experience preferred;
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), time management, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment both independently as well as a member of the team;
- Extensive background of knowledge in:
- Accounting, including Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) and Canadian Auditing Auditing Standards (CAS);
- Personal and corporate tax;
- HST and payroll related issues;
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills with Caseware/Caseview, Taxprep, Simply Accounting and Quickbooks as well as Microsoft office including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
To apply for this position, please use the form on our application page.