Location: Kenora, ON
Salary: $90k-$130k /yr + 15% target bonus
ESF Careers has been engaged by our client in the pulp and paper industry to recruit an Assistant Superintendent for its Power and Recovery sector.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the steam plant area including all mill utilities such as air, water, steam and electricity;
- Assists in the Recovery Area including one black liquor recovery boiler along with a black liquor evaporating system and associated auxiliary equipment as required;
- Provides effective leadership for shift engineers and operating crews by establishing and managing systems to track operating centerlines and targets;
- Coordinate and prioritize maintenance requirements for shut downs and daily work;
- Establish and communicate effectively Standard Operating Procedures and ensure operator training requirements are met.
- Minimum 2nd Class Operating Engineer’s certificate valid in the Province of Ontario;
- Five (5) years’ minimum experience with steam plant operation and kraft recovery process;
- Ability to lead safety improvements through personal commitment and procedures;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading a team to achieve meaningful results;
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Willingness to study and write exams towards acquiring an Ontario Operating Engineer 1st class certificate;
- 1st Class Operating Engineer’s certificate valid in the province of Ontario (an asset).
To apply for this position, please use the form on our application page.